Courses are listed in order by day, discipline and appearance. Simply click on the title of each presentation to learn more about that session.
Friday, January 29
Martin Gollner, DMD, DDS
- Determine which therapy steps have to be done in the analog way.
- Evaluate analog and digital individual clinical situation to develop a treatment strategy easily.
- Graduate, dental medicine, University of Freiburg, Germany, 1998
- Doctoral degree, Academy of Dental Education, Germany, 2000
- Graduate, oral surgery, DDS, 2003
- Supervisor implantology, German Society of Implantology, Bayreuth, 2010
- Private practice in Bayreuth
Lecture, up to 50 minutes
Multi-Disciplinary Topics; AGD Subject Code 149
Galip Gürel, DDS, MSc
- Determine the importance of creating balance in life.
- Realize the importance of a flawless workflow and efficient treatment planning.
- Graduated, University of Istanbul Dental School, 1981
- MSc degree, Yeditepe University, Istanbul
- Founder and honorary president, EDAD (Turkish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry)
- Visiting professor, New York University (USA), Marseille Dental University (France), and Istanbul Yeditepe University (Turkey)
- Editor-in-chief, Quintessence Magazine, Turkey
- Editorial boards, Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry and European Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- Private practice specializing in esthetic dentistry, Istanbul
Lecture, up to 50 minutes Practice Management and Human Relations; AGD Subject Code 550
Céline Higton, BDS Hons (KCL)
- Understand the importance of correct clamp selection.
- Understand the difference between the primary stabilising clamp and the accessory retracting clamp or ligature.
- Leading associate dentist at Prodenta, London
- Studied dentistry at King’s College London, graduating with honours and multiple accolades and awards
- Completed three years of architecture
- Leading expert in ‘rubberdamology’
The Future is Now Series
Mauro Fradeani, MD, DDS
- Select the appropriate technique and ceramic material when approaching a full-mouth rehabilitation.
- Learn innovative operative protocols with minimally invasive prosthetic procedures (MIPP) for a long-lasting esthetic result.
- Associate editor, International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- Member: American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Member: American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics
- Founder and director of both the ACE Institute and Mauro Fradeani Education.
- Author, two-volume book Esthetic Rehabilitation in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Private practice in prosthetics on natural dentition and implants, Pesaro, Italy
Lecture, up to 55 minutes Fixed Prosthodontics; AGD Subject Code 610
Saturday, January 30
Brian Baliwas, DDS
- Determine how well you understand the chemistry behind the products you use.
- Recognize the importance of accurately following IFUs for products you use clinically.
- Private practice in San Francisco, California, with two fee-for-service locations near Downtown Union Square.
- DDS, University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, San Francisco, 2014.
- Graduated with high honors and was elected to join both Omicron Kappa Upsilon and Tau Kappa Omega dental honor societies.
The Future is Now Series
Carlos de Carvalho, DDS, MSc, PhD
- Identify the goal of minimal invasive dentistry.
- Determine whether you are able to predict longevity.
- Understand how Dr Carvalho optimized his daily routine after Covid-19.
- Master of Science, biomaterials, University of Siena, Italy
- PhD, University of São Paulo
- Residency, prosthodontics, University of São Paulo
- Private practice, Salvador/Bahia, Brazil
Lecture, up to 55 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 250
Wael Garine, DDS
- Understand the benefits of face scans.
- Present different digital impression techniques.
- Use monolithic materials to decrease prosthetic complications.
- Cairo University School of Dentistry, Egypt, 1995
- DDS, University of Western Ontario
- Received the Dr Gerald Z. Wright Award for Excellence, University of Western Ontario
- Completed implant fellowship, University of Rochester, for which he received the Dr Gerald N. Graser Fellowship Award
- Clinical assistant professor, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Private practice limited to prosthodontics and implant dentistry, Jupiter and West Palm Beach, FL
Lecture, up to 45 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 550
- Demonstrate how SmileFast can fit in your everyday workflow.
- Introduce adjunctive cosmetic dental treatments to patients to increase your uptake and profit.
- Head lecturer, CFAST Orthodontic Systems
- Private practice with a focus on affordable smile makeovers, London
- Master’s degrees: Medical Education and Endodontic Practice
- Awarded Best Aesthetic Dentist in the UK, FMC Aesthetic Dentistry Awards, 2019
- Private practice in cosmetic dentistry, Essex, UK
Lecture, up to 45 minutes Esthetics/Cosmetic Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 780
Marcos Vargas, DDS, MS
- Describe the shade selection and layering method selection process.
- Manipulate resin veneers to build resin veneers.
- Contour and polish resin composites.
- Graduate, Cayetano Heredia University School of Dentistry, Lima, Peru, 1985
- AEGD program, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, New York, 1990-92
- Certificate and master’s degree, operative dentistry, University of Iowa, 1994
- Professor, department of family dentistry, University of Iowa
- Private practice limited to restorative dentistry
Lecture, up to 90 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 250
Chad C. Duplantis, DDS, FAGD
- Realize the importance of a good preparation design for multiple restorations and materials.
- Explore the benefit of onlays vs. full coverage for minimally invasive indirect restorative dentistry.
- Have a keen insight into some of the indirect materials used in the chairside and laboratory setting.
- DDS, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 1999
- Post-doctorate training, Baylor College of Dentistry, 2000
- Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, Catapult Educations Speakers Bureau
- Member, Seattle Study Club affiliate DFW Study Club
- Private practice, North Fort Worth, Texas
Lecture, up to 45 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 250
Michael D. Scherer, DMD, MS
- Learn the overall process for treating the edentulous patient with an implant-retained overdenture.
- Process tips and tricks to simplify the process from provisional to the final restoration.
- Assistant clinical professor, Loma Linda University
- Clinical instructor, University of Nevada – Las Vegas
- Private practice limited to prosthodontics and implant dentistry, Sonora, California
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
Lecture, up to 30 minutes Fixed Prosthodontics; AGD Subject Code 610
Nathaniel Lawson, DMD, PhD
- Identify the clinical situations in which bonding a ceramic is beneficial.
- Perform the steps for bonding a lithium disilicate and zirconia restorations.
- Director, division of biomaterials, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry
- Director, biomaterials residency program, UAB School of Dentistry
- Graduated, UAB School of Dentistry, 2011
- PhD, biomedical engineering, University of Alabama, 2012
- Recipient, Stanford New Investigator Award, 2016
- Recipient, 3M Innovative Research Fellowship, 2017
- General dentist, UAB Faculty Practice
Lecture, up to 60 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 250
Sunday, Janaury 31
Irena Sailer, DMD
- Learn about the different minimally invasive treatment options.
- Discuss the Geneva 3-step concept for full mouth rehabilitations of patients with wear.
- Learn about the long-term outcomes and the pros and cons of these types of rehabilitations.
- Dental education and degrees, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tübingen, Germany, 1997/1998.
- Head, Division of Fixed Prosthodontics and Biomaterials, University of Geneva
- Adjunct associate professor, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Honorary professor, University of Aarhus, Denmark
- Board of directors, Swiss Society of Reconstructive Dentistry
- Member, European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Prosthodontics
Lecture, up to 45 minutes Fixed Prosthodontics; AGD Subject Code 610
Victor Clavijo, DDS
- Understand the benefits of digital workflow in the decision-making process concerning transmucosal abutment.
- Map digital workflow and facilitate the decision-making process in the oral scanning sequence of treatment flow.
- Implement a digital workflow and learn how to have predictable impressions of emergence profiles.
- Graduate, dentistry, Paulista University UNIP
- Specialization, restorative dentistry, Sao Paulo State University
- Professor, advanced program in implantology and restorative dentistry, Implante-Perio Institute, Sao Paulo
- More than 40 articles and book chapters published in Portuguese, English and Spanish
- Lecturing internationally on aesthetic dentistry
- Practicing in Brazil and Europe, in collaboration with Eric van Dooren and Florin Cofar
Lecture, up to 50 minutes Operative (Restorative) Dentistry; AGD Subject Code 250
Goth Siu, BHSc, DMD, MSc, Cert Prostho, FRCD(C), FACP
Full mouth rehabilitation supported by dental implants has become a predictable treatment modality for edentulous patients and patients with terminal dentition. Several restorative materials have been used with varying degrees of success. It has been reported in the literature that the fracture rate of some materials can be as high as 40 percent. Dr Siu will present ways to minimize the prosthetic complications, and strategies to efficiently address fractures.
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
- Discuss the most common prosthetic complication that is encountered in full arch restorations.
- Present different material applications, design, and repair techniques.
About Goth Siu:
- Bachelor’s degree, health sciences, McMaster University
- Inductee: Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Society and Matthew Cryer Honor Society, the highest academic honor awarded to the top ten students in each class
- Specialty program: surgical and prosthetic aspects of implant treatment, cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry, University of Illinois, Chicago
- DMD, University of Pennsylvania
- Board certified, prosthodontics, in both Canada and the U.S.
- Private practice in prosthodontics and aesthetic dentistry, Toronto
The Future is Now Series