Every academy begins with the inaugural year program which is designed with specific topics to build a strong foundation and to engage as many dentists as possible. Based on feedback from our directors, we have built this initial suite to include those areas which were most relevant including leadership, cybersecurity, profitability, financial statements, and strategic planning. From there, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from three additional suites that best support your group’s current challenges and learning goals.
ACCELERATE YOUR LEADERSHIP BRILLIANCE I
Mr Simon T. Bailey
One of the most significant challenges every organization faces is finding quality employees—and then developing their talents so they become “assets with facets” focused on being breakthrough contributors to the organization’s success.
During this session, leaders will learn to inspire their teams to:
- Contribute to the success of clients, partners, and their teammates by bringing out the best in themselves.
- Create their future by becoming self-motivated, productive, and engaged in their work.
- Operate in their brilliance and bring out the brilliance in others.
- Create harmony in their teams and organizational partners, bringing about higher levels of performance.
A BLUEPRINT FOR STRATEGIC PLANNING
Dr Andy Boynton
Strategy helps focus the conversation, and it begins with looking at what’s happening around your practice in terms of competition, growth, technology, or changing customer needs. We’ll talk about why patients are coming to see you, whether they are young families or retired couples—and what your value proposition to them is.
This session will cover:
- How to focus people, money, time, and technology resources on delivering excellence.
- The importance of seeing your practice as it really is and not the way you want to it to be—thereby identifying any gaps in your delivery.
- Determining what to start or stop doing to achieve that strategic plan.
INCREASED PROFITABILITY—THE KEY TO FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
Mr Ken Runkle
We all seek financial independence, and no dentist should work until retirement only to find that independence unattainable. The key is increased net profitability, which results from long-term, continual practice growth. Sustaining such growth can be difficult with fluctuations in the economy, local competition, and more. We’ll talk about implementing change that makes growth every year achievable.
During this interactive workshop, participants will:
- Explore the numbers that really matter.
- Discover the proper change in mindset to achieve greater profitability.
- Develop tactics that support sustainable practice growth.
PROFIT MASTERY: UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS—AND USING THEM AS POWERFUL MANAGEMENT TOOLS TO DRIVE PROFITABILITY AND CASH FLOW
Mr Steve LeFever
Your financial statements tell the story of your business in numbers. Steve’s Profit Mastery™ tools allow you to go inside the numbers to measure and manage the performance of your practice.
This two-part interactive session will cover:
- Seven steps to improved business performance.
- Breakeven 360 Degrees—the absolute best tool to measure and manage practice profitability.
CYBER SECURITY IN DENTISTRY: PROTECTING YOUR PATIENTS AND PROFITS
Mr John Sileo
In your dental practice, building an effective culture of security begins at the top, and you must learn to cope with a wide range of cyber threats. While protection adds a level of responsibility to your plate, your direct involvement and authority means successful defenses can be implemented immediately and on a smaller budget.
Topics covered will include:
- Protecting your data in the cloud.
- Evaluating data security with third-party vendors.
- The human element of cyber security: social engineering and security-awareness training.
- Protecting personal devices such as smartphones and internet-enabled objects.